Experienced Software Developer
We are now looking for a positive, self-motivated, and experienced software developer for our R&D team.
We are looking to hire a new employee, so sellers of consultants are kindly asked not to contact us.
About the company and the open position
Oxyfi AB is a privately owned company based in Stockholm/Södermalm that develops and operates ICT solutions for the railway industry. We provide a complete connectivity and application platform for rail vehicles.
We have worked with industrial IoT long before the concept was established and we have a deep understanding of the challenges that operating distributed SW/HW solutions at scale bring.
Our system travels on wheels and the characteristics of its multiple mobile connections change every moment as the vehicle rushes forward at 200 km/h. This onboard environment is also characterised by vibrations, temperature changes and interrupted power supply without warning. Hardware units and cables may get issues. Our operating environment is truly harsh, hence our solutions must be resilient and intelligently help to solve different kinds of challenges that arise.
Oxyfi’s mission is to provide rail vehicles with ultra stable and top performing mobile connectivity. In addition, we provide an application platform for 3rd party software as well as a LAN throughout the train set where various systems connect and exchange information locally as well as with servers on shore.
We need to run our software on several different CPU-architectures, this is one reason why we have chosen to develop our own Linux distribution based on Yocto.
- C/C++/Go/Java/C# (10 years)
- Multithreaded applications (3 years)
- Network programming (2 years)
- Embedded Linux, Yocto, BuildRoot, OpenWRT or similar (1 year)
- Open source tools like Git and Wireshark (2 years)
- ModemManager, 4G, 5G. WiFi. ITxPT. Containerization. MQTT. (merit)
- Jira and Trello
- Proficient in English or Swedish
Minimum professional experience within parentheses above.
Oxyfi values results achieved, ability to take responsibility, the ability to contribute in large and small, and being helpful and cooperative.
What we offer
- You will design and deliver open and smart services to the public transportation industry, helping our customers produce truly attractive services for their passengers, encouraging people to travel by rail rather than taking their own car or catching a flight
- You will focus on connectivity, network, container solutions and secure update and management mechanisms of distributed solutions in harsh environments. Always with high awareness of cyber security aspects, availability and robustness
- We strive for a good work-life balance
- Skilled and friendly colleagues with a lot of know-how
- We will encourage you to develop and grow your competence and skills
- Nice office in Stockholm (Södermalm)
- Work a few days from home each week, if you like
- Leasing bicycle for transport to/from the office
- Benefits such as pension, private health insurance and wellness grants
You have read all the way to here, great, feel free to contact us:
Håkan Larsson, CEO
+46 (0)730 378 001
Filip Rosenbaum, CTO
Initial contact by email: